Activated charcoal is generally called the "universal antidote" by toxicologists, since it is active in adsorbing most toxicants except inorganic salts and heavy metals. ToxiBan is the "gold standard" for treating animal poisoning.
- Available in two formulations: suspension and suspension with sorbitol
- Also available as granules
- MedChar™, activated charcoal USP, adsorbs toxins in the gastrointestinal tract
- Kaolin adds extra adsorbing qualities while protecting the intestinal lining
- Sorbitol is a mild hyperosmotic cathartic